If you haven’t reviewed your policy in a while, you might be missing out on a broad array of valuable discounts. Most low-priced auto quotes are giving away more of your coverage that you need just to save you money on premiums. Don’t give up extra insurance that you need just to save money. If you don’t keep a close eye on the details of your policy, you could also end up paying for things you don’t need. For example, you may be a member of an auto club that provides roadside assistance yet also pay for towing on your auto insurance policy. Look for opportunities to eliminate unnecessary costs. Without a great safety net, driving uninsured puts more at risk than just our cars. This is a great time to sit down with us and find out how you should be insured for your needs.
Why do I need auto insurance?
- It is a New Jersey state law that you must have auto insurance. Driving without insurance brings steep and pricey repercussions.
- To protect yourself and the people you care about. Even if you hit a deer or an uninsured/underinsured driver hits you, you can be covered.
- To protect your assets. If you are at fault in an accident, you want to make sure you have enough coverage to pay for any injury or property damage to another party that may occur.
- For peace of mind. Knowing that you’re covered in the case of an accident would make anyone drive happier and safer.
What should I consider?
- The age of the driver. A young driver will be penalized for inexperience, while senior drivers may see rate increases because of their levitated age.
- The year the vehicle was manufactured. Insurance for a newer vehicle will be more expensive than an older one (in most cases).
- The type of vehicle. You can logically deduce that the insurance on an old four-door Oldsmobile will be less expensive than a sporty Porsche. Always remember that when you buy a new car, you will have to pay for the insurance also.
- The condition of the vehicle. Depending on the condition of the car, you might find you would like certain coverages and not others.
Are there “Cheap Insurance” scams?
Customers seeking “cheap car insurance” are targets for those running car insurance scams. These scams are frequently disguised as a deal that seems too good to be true. One day, you try to file a claim and find out your insurance never existed.
Warning signs that the insurance company may be fake include the following:
- The price is significantly lower than the range of prices you’ve seen from other companies.
- There are typos in the paperwork or advertising from the company.
- The company requests full payment via cash or money order.
- An “agent” offers to backdate the new policy.
- You do not get an insurance ID card.
At the Gansfuss Agency we only work with reputable companies.